WELCOME TO THE CHURCH OF ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST
The St. Francis Pledge
I/We Pledge to:
- PRAY and reflect on the duty to care for God’s Creation and protect the poor and vulnerable.
- LEARN about and educate others on the causes and moral dimensions of climate change.
- ASSESS how we-as individuals and in our families, parishes and other affiliations-contribute to climate change by our own energy use, consumption, waste, etc.
- ACT to change our choices and behaviors to reduce the ways we contribute to climate change.
- ADVOCATE for Catholic principles and priorities in climate change discussions and decisions, especially as they impact those who are poor and vulnerable.
Catholic Climate Covenant
November 16, 2014
Organist JAN KRAYBILL is Principal Organist for the Dome and Spire Organ Foundation, Missouri, and Organ Conservator at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts in Kansas City.
Her recital in Rochester will include works by Buxtehude, J.S. Bach, Händel, Brahms, Guilmant, Eben and Dupré. Click HERE for the full press release.
safe environment program
The mission of the Diocese of Winona's "Safe Environment Program" is to ensure the safety of children and young people who have been entrusted to our care in our parishes, schools, religious education classes, and other programs.
We pursue this mission in three ways:
- By thoroughly screening and supervising all members of the clergy (priests and deacons), as well as all employees and volunteers who work with children and young people as part of their ministry.
- By providing appropriate training in recognizing and reporting child abuse to appropriate civil and Church authorities.
- By holding all members of the clergy, employees and volunteers who work with children and young people to Christ-centered and professional codes of conduct.
Sign up here for VIRTUSOnline